- The teaching–learning process in grade I & II is interactive and focuses on the development of oral as well as written expression, creative thinking and mathematical skills of the children. The integrated approach of subjects thus helps the children to move from the known and explore the unknown. A conscious effort is made to imbibe the inquiry approach in our curriculum through contextual stories and concrete materials with a lot of hands on activities which engage students in learning concepts.
- All students participate in the domains of art, music, dance and physical education through which self confidence, cultural appreciation, skills of team work and leadership qualities are enhanced.
- Regular competitions are held in school that help children earn critical social skills through interacting with other children, while also learning the value of hard work and developing self –esteem and self efficacy.
The Primary School builds on the spirit of exploration and emphasis is placed on acquiring sound language skills, clarity of mathematical concepts and the discovery and understanding of scientific principles.
- We believe in ”learning by doing”. This method stimulates students into participating and eventually absorbing information effortlessly and spontaneously.
- A thematic approach is adopted to sensitize the children by involving them in interactive sessions and activities.
- School follows ‘Circle time’ pedagogy with children. It provides ample time for listening, developing attention span, promoting oral communication and learning new concepts and skills.
- Varied and interactive teaching methods are utilized to stimulate different areas of intelligence.
- Smart Class technology has been adopted wherein classrooms are equipped with Interactive Boards. This audio-visual teaching aid helps to reinforce class room concepts and brings greater clarity of thought and understanding.
- Appropriate life skills are inculcated to develop and hone the early learning attitudes and disposition among children.
- Each child progresses at his or her own pace through thesensorial curriculum and learns through individual presentations from the teachers. For, we believe that each child learns through direct manipulation of learning materials like crosswords, puzzles, superimposed geometric figures, shapes etc.
- The children indulge in multifarious activities throughout the year. These activities are an integral part of the curriculum and supplement classroom learning.
- Educational excursion and field trips are an inseparable part of the school curriculum to make learning more practical and fun-oriented.
- Our aim is to equip the students with knowledge, skills and values which will ensure they arephysically healthy, intellectually stimulated, emotionally balanced and spiritually conscious members of the society.